Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Philately

Sue -

Hey, just dropping a line. How ya doing? My name's Tobin, I'm 33, and I work in the textiles industry doing purchasing/planning. You seem really cool. I have a lot of hobbies, but my biggest is probably the collection and study of stamps, both topically and for the history of the postal industry. My prized possessions are a few Penny Reds and some world stamps. I even have one from the Serene Republic of San Marino!

I saw that you are into chemistry. That's really cool! Do you own your own microscope? Maybe we could look at some slides together and maybe I can show you some stamps under 10x and we can guess if they are perf 12 or perf 13 (that's the number of perforations a stamp has).

Anyway, message me back. I think we'd be perforate for each other.

See you Phi-later,

Tobin

1 comment:

Liz said...

Perhaps you guys can look at some petrie dishes with growing bacteria.

That's sure to get the action going.